- 7 May 2019, 12:30 – 14:00
- Board Room, Richmond House, UK Parliament
- Contact: email@example.com, 02072198973
- This event is open to Members of the House of Commons, the House of Lords and parliamentary staff.
MPs, Peers and parliamentary staff were invited for a working lunch to discuss agriculture and climate change. Hosted by POST, in partnership with the British Ecological Society, this intimate and informal session launched POSTnote 600 on Agriculture and Climate Change, and allowed attendees to discuss the options for mitigation of emissions from agriculture, the impacts of climate change on agriculture, and the options for adaptation of agriculture to climate change.
- Lord Teverson
- Professor Tim Benton, University of Leeds and Chatham House Visiting Fellow
- Richard Bramley, Farmer on the National Farmers Union
- Dr Ceris Jones, National Farmers Union (NFU) Climate Change Advisor
- Dr Robin Fears, European Academies Science Advisory Council (EASAC)
- Professor Joe Morris, Cranfield University
- Dr Luke Spadavecchia, Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- Dr Marco Springmann, University of Oxford
- Dr Indra Thilainathan, UK Committee on Climate Change