- 16 July 2013, 12:00 – 14:00
- Attlee Suite, Portcullis House
- Contact: email@example.com | 02072198973
- This event is open to MPs’ researchers
The Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology invites MPs’ researchers to an information session over lunch on July 16, 2013 in the Attlee Suite. Come and find out how the Parliamentary Office of Science and Technology (POST) and the House of Commons Library Science and Environment Section (SES) can support your work and benefit your MP and constituency.
This event will be hosted by our chairman Adam Afriyie, MP for Windsor. Researchers will also share how POST and the Library assist them in their work in Parliament.
- Discover the range of science advice and resources available in Parliament for Members and their staff
- Meet staff from POST and SES and tell them about the science and technology issues that matter to your MP and constituency. This could be anything from flooding and DNA databases to renewable or nuclear energy
- You will also have the opportunity to suggest areas of research and future POSTnote topics based on the concerns of your MP and constituency.
Please send us any suggestions you may have for future POSTnotes as we’d like to hear from YOU which issues in science and technology you would like to see highlighted.
We will also be offering a prize for researchers who sign up to our mailing list at the event!
Adam Afriyie, MP for Windsor and POST Chair
Chris Tyler, Head of POST
Ed White, Library Science Specialist
12.45-2.00 Meet the advisers