- 21 February 2018, 8:30 – 10:00
- Room O, Portcullis House
- Contact: email@example.com, 02072198973
- This event is for Members of the House of Commons, the House of Lords, and parliamentary staff.
To coincide with the publication of the new POSTnote ‘UK Fisheries Management’, a closed breakfast meeting was held on ‘The Science of Managing UK Fisheries’.
This event, sponsored by the British Ecological Society, was to brief Parliamentarians on the science used in fisheries management, current management practices used in the UK, and challenges and opportunities for the future with invited fisheries science and industry experts. The event was chaired by Holly Lynch MP and the speakers included:
- Professor Richard Barnes, Professor of International Law, University of Hull
- Professor Jeremy Phillipson, Professor of Rural Development, University of Newcastle
- Dr Bryce Stewart, Marine Ecologist, University of York
- Dr Abigail McQuatters-Gollop, Marine Biologist, University of Plymouth
- Dr Carl O’Brien CBE, Defra Chief Fisheries Science Adviser, Centre for Environment, Fisheries and Aquaculture Science
- Erin Priddle, UK Fisheries Manager, Environmental Defense Fund
- Bertie Armstrong, Chief Executive, Scottish Fishermen’s Federation