- 21 Jan 2020 , 14:00 to 15:30
- Committee Room 6 , House of Commons, UK Parliament
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 02072198973
- This event is open to Members of the House of Commons, the House of Lords and parliamentary staff.
MPs, Peers and parliamentary staff are invited to discuss whether the UK ready for the next global epidemic. Join POST in partnership with the APPG for Future Generations for a roundtable discussion with Government officials, leading academics and other stakeholders. The event will brief parliamentarians on biosecurity threats such as natural pandemics, outbreaks of emerging human infectious diseases and intentionally created infectious agents.
To register for the event please email email@example.com
Chair: Lord Toby Harris
- Dr Ngozi Erondu, Associate Fellow, Centre on Global Health Security, Chatham House
- Professor Christl Donnelly, Department of Statistics, University of Oxford and School of Public Health, Imperial College London
- Dr Catherine Rhodes, Executive Director, Centre for the Study of Existential Risk and Senior Researcher at Biosecurity Research Initiative at St Catharine’s (BioRISC)
- Professor Daniel Bausch, Director of the UK Public Health Rapid Support Team, Public Health England and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Dr Piers Millett, Senior Research Fellow at the Future of Humanity Institute
- Lord Browne of Ladyton, Visiting Researcher at the Centre for the Study of Existential Risk